Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas 2010 for the Saliba-Realeza Family

Pinoy christmas tree stands tall in our living room!






Add caption

"Happy", our mini schnauzer lazing around the tree
Christmas is the most awaited holiday in the Philippines. It’s so special that almost everyone really go out of their way and take time to prepare for this occasion. Local folks are all excited to showcase their christmas decorations in and out of their residences. From the christmas star locally known as the "parol" to belen (manger) and christmas trees, one will find them just about anywhere from streets to malls, to offices, churches and even in the modest Filipino homes.
This year, the designer in me insisted to be more "pinoy" on my christmas tree decoration. So I've decided to use abaca fibers (known worldwide as Manila hemp) in various shapes, sizes, and colors to do wonders for our Christmas tree. And I think, I just did! Maligayang Pasko sa lahat!  :=)

No comments:

Post a Comment